Is there a better way to start a rainy weekend with a glass of wine and a big bowl of home made tiramisu? Chef Giovanni Gabana shares his recipe for this iconic dessert.
More video’s? Watch them here.
– 500 mascarpone
– 175 g egg yolk
– 175 g crystal sugar
– 100 g lady fingers
– 1 double espresso
– 10 cl madeira liquor
– Firstly, whip the egg yolk and sugar together, until the mixture can sit on the top for at least 2 seconds.
– Next add mascarpone to the mixture and mix together.
– Let the mixture rest in the fridge.
– In the meantime, prepare the syrup with double espresso, madeira liquor and sugar. Dip each lady finger within the mixture, being careful not to make it soggy.
– Finally, you can place your lady fingers in a tray or a bowl. Add the cream on the top of the lady fingers, making sure you cover well.
– Finish off with adding cacao powder.
– Buon appetito.