Polpette al sugo
Oohlala, polpette al sugo! These little meatballs are one of the dishes on our new menu when we reopen. Can’t wait? Chef Giovanni Gabana likes to inspire you with his delicious recipe.
More video’s? Watch them here.
– 300g ground beef
– 1 onion
– 300g bread
– 1 cup milk
– 1 egg
– Olio extravergine
– Start by preparing the bread, cutting it into small squares.
– Put them in a bowl and add the milk.
– Cut the onion.
– Heat oil in a pan.
– Panfry the onion.
– When the onions are ready, add the passata and fresh basil.
– Let it cook on a low heat.
– Take another bowl to mix the meat, parsley, egg and the soaked bread.
– Create the ball in a size of your preference. For Giovanni this is 50g per ball.
– Heat oil in another pan. The amount of oil should be sufficient to get to the half of the balls.
– When they are turning light brown you can add them to the pan with sauce.
– Put them on a plate and serve with fresh basil.
– Buon appetito.