Saltimbocca alla Romana
Oohlala saltimbocca alla Romana. A traditional recipe with veal, prosciutto, butter and of course wine by chef Giovanni Gabana. What more do we need?
More video’s? Watch them here.
– 400 gram of veal escalope
– 8 slicesof Parma ham
– White wine
– Cut thin slices from the veal escalope and smash with a mallet or the bottom of a pan until thinner.
– Place a few sage leaves onto the veal, and cover with a slice of Parma ham.
– Use the toothpicks to prevent them from falling apart during cooking.
– Dust the veal side with flour, and heat a frying pan with plenty butter.
– Fry the Saltimbocca’s on the flour side until they start to lightly brown, and deglaze with a splash of the wine.
– Braise for a few more minutes until cooked, and your Saltimbocca’s are ready to plate.
– Finish the sauce with a bit of wine or butter to get the desired consistency.
– Finally, add the sauce and garnish with a little sage.
– Buon appetito.