Parmigiana di Melanzane
Parmigiana di melanzane, another traditional Italian recipe by chef Giovanni Gabana.
More video’s? Watch them here.
– 5 Eggplants
– 300 gram Passata
– 150 gram Mozzarella
– 150 gram Parmigiano Reggiano
– Olio extravergine
– Cut the Eggplant into slices of your preferred size.
– Place on an aerated oven tray and add salt.
– Let them sit for 4 hours so that the salt can draw out the moisture.
– After 4 hours dab them dry with a paper towel, and fry in oil.
– Take an oven tray and add a small amount of the Passata to the bottom.
– Sprinkle on some Mozzarella and Parmigiano.
– Tear a few leaves of basil, and add to the layers.
– Cover the whole with Eggplant, leaving no gaps.
– Repeat this process until your tray is full, and finish with cheese.
– Bake in the over for 30-40 minutes on 180 degrees, checking every ten minutes.
– Serve with fresh Basil on top.
– Buon appetito.